Elena Makarova-Kudelin, LMFT
My science-base approach is compassionate, genuine, and kind. With my clients I always strive to communicate understanding first while my attentive listening naturally blends with providing a feedback, which serve one basic goal - to restore your emotional vitality and well-being.
My ten-year clinical experience has been in providing services in a wide range of clinical settings: private outpatient clinics, county mental health agencies, schools, and forensic settings. I maintain my private practice in Palo Alto, CA since 2007, and with many affiliations, I am a familiar member of the Bay Area's psychotherapists community. I was a Co-Chair at SFCP Clinical Psychotherapy Forum held at Stanford Psychiatry Department during 2014-2017.
Before launching into the extensive, twenty-year long study in counseling psychology, my background included a master’s degree in history; studies on global events of the modern history at its intersection with cultural world in the beginning of the twentieth century. My background also included working in a large corporation in telecommunication industry. I use my diverse knowledge in science, culture, and communication to serve my client’s goals in helping them to improve life.
I only use approaches that were rigorously tested and found to be effective to treat a variety of emotional and relational problems with specializations in: relationship building, stress regulation, depression, anxiety, personality disorders, and couples therapy for high-conflict couples.
- BA Counseling Psychology 1999, MGU
- MA Counseling psychology, CIIS, 2005 San Francisco, CA
- San Francisco Center for Psychoanalysis, Extension Division, 2010-2011 at Stanford University
- Access Institute for Psychological Services, San Francisco, CA. 2007-2009
Clinical and Research Experience:
- Access Institute for Psychological Services, San Francisco, CA
- Richmond Area Multi-Services (RAMS), San Francisco, CA
- Cleo Eulau Center, Palo Alto, CA
- Stanford University, Stanford, CA
- 2006 RAMS clinic, San Francisco, CA
- 2007 RAMS clinic, San Francisco, CA
- 2014, 2015, 2016 SFCP Forums held at Stanford Psychiatry Department
- Friends' Member, San Francisco Psychoanalytic Institute and Society
- Licensed psychotherapist, Board of Behavioral Sciences, License MFC 47183
- Associate Member, Northern California Society for Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy
- Alumni, Access Institute Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Internship Program
- Member, California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, Santa Clara Chapter
Recent Blog Posts